Thursday, May 31, 2012

That's A Wrap...

All things have a way of coming to an end, and so has this two-month trip to the ASAM mission base in Mozambique.

Looking at the busy night scenes outside the Johannesburg airport, it hits me that my current trip has now come to an end. If any more work is going to be done on the projects over the next few months, it will have to be done by others - the staff and workers at the SAMM mission base - and to that end, I'm grateful that the shop is at a point where others can carry on with the building work. My hope is that with perhaps one more team of volunteers, we will be able to complete the shop on our next trip.
My KLM flight being prepared to leave South Africa
It was a busy time with many exhausting days, yet by the grace of God my health was never better. Thank you to all for your prayers and encouragements, and thanks once again to John Topham for joining me on this trip - it was a pleasure to work with you, John (and in case anybody is wondering, John cooks a mean pork tenderloin!).

I'll leave you with some photos to wrap up the time here, mostly of the shop, but a few from my visit to a local church.

Yes, my shoes are dusty (a lot of cement dust this time) and as I leave, the challenge remains - who will form the next team of Mercy Tech Mission volunteers? Who will use their skills and training to build into a life for the glory of God?

Could it be you?

Mercy Tech Mission - Changing lives, one skill at a time.

Swiss volunteer Matthias helping to install floor steel

Peter setting the front corner pillar
Fani and Tome preparing steel for trusses
Quissito is small, but he's tough!
John Topham (center) advising Domingo (l) and Pindurai (r) on the first door frame
Installing the door frame
Peter and Fani finishing the very last concrete section
Roof trusses for the storage room
One tired but happy concrete crew


Where we started two months ago...
Where things stand for now
Pastor Mariano's small church

The women leading a song

The pastor's son keeping time

No comments:

Post a Comment